Kawie Central  
Welcome to Kawie Central  

Go Back   Kawie Central Forums > Where to Ride > East Clubhouse

East Clubhouse A place for members from the East Coast members to hang out, plan rides and show us what they can do.

» Site Navigation
 > Forum
 > FAQ
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Recent Threads
Title, Username, & Date
RuneScape:...
MickeyKlawiter51
MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape
MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape
MickeyKlawiter51
MickeyKlawiter51

Old 10-17-2008, 08:05 PM

4damato
Send a message via Yahoo to 4damato
Default Hatfield Mcoy VACATION

Heading out to Hatfield Mcoy trails on July 12th for 4 days. Staying in Gilbert at Fox Lodge. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Best places to eat, drink, party etc.
2005 Brute Force 750i, Dynatek cdi, dual snorkeled air box and clutch, 26 inch Mudlite XLs, Maroon primary, Dynojet kit .40 primary, 185 mains, Full Muzzy pro series stainless exhaust, Amsoil throughout, K&n filter with outerwears, Tammarack trunk, heated grips, custom sound tube w/infinity 6" speakers. Temp gauge mod, spark plug mod. 51.4 hp dynoed at Interstate Motorsports.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM

wvMOUNTAINMAN
Default Re: Hatfield Mcoy VACATION

no where to party, we looked everywhere. but make sure you top off before every ride and if you ride all the way to man, top off there as well. TAKE LOTS OF MAPS!!!!! we lost ours in the middle of the ride and we got lucky and met up with some riders. You will probably have the trail pretty much to yourself so be prepared for anything and don't count on anybody around to help.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Administrator

ONROPE has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hatfield Mcoy VACATION

I second everything he said.* There is a bar / night club in Logan that gets kind of exciting sometimes.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:58 PM

rrocke17

Just came back last week from Hatfield.
Rode 250 miles in 4 days.
Rode Dingess run, Buffalo Mt and Brownin fork.

Had no time to party, just wanted to ride.
Trails well marked and they are cutting more all the time.
Every town has a 7-11.

Have fun!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:58 PM

oohyeah4 is an unknown quantity at this point

looking to go to hatfield mccoys before the summer , I saw the write up on it in one of the magazines and said darn gotta go there....
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM

hilomx6
Send a message via AIM to hilomx6

i deff cant wait to go this year,,is it still a year pass only,,for like 65 bucks,,,i can only go for like one day of riding
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM

sailorgriz

It's worth going there. Be prepared for steep, rocky, trails. And I mean STEEP--and ROCKY! Unload the back rack as much as you can; carry your stuff on the front. I don't think I'd ride there again without a flatpack of gas on the front of the Brute both to help hold it down and to make sure I made it to the next town.

My experience was that you gotta know your own ability, know your machines ability, be able to read the trails, and not be afraid to say no. I bailed on one hill when my buddy was half way up it. I called him on the radio, told him I was going around, and met him at the top. I stayed at the bottom until he was out of sight (past what he claimed appeared to be the worst) just in case he rolled it.

It was a LOT of fun, but not exactly my type of riding.

I may be SLOW, but I'm not very efficient, either!
Old 01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sailorgriz @ Jan 19 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
It&#39;s worth going there. Be prepared for steep, rocky, trails. And I mean STEEP--and ROCKY! Unload the back rack as much as you can; carry your stuff on the front. I don&#39;t think I&#39;d ride there again without a flatpack of gas on the front of the Brute both to help hold it down and to make sure I made it to the next town.

My experience was that you gotta know your own ability, know your machines ability, be able to read the trails, and not be afraid to say no. I bailed on one hill when my buddy was half way up it. I called him on the radio, told him I was going around, and met him at the top. I stayed at the bottom until he was out of sight (past what he claimed appeared to be the worst) just in case he rolled it.

It was a LOT of fun, but not exactly my type of riding.[/b]
You are 100% right. Know your ability! When I first started going we did every black trail that was offered. I have noticed that even with the skill, things happen that you never expect and no matter what the skill level you can get hurt. A few years back I was hurt in a jeep accident (playing around goofing off) ended up off work for 2 months, and 1.5 without pay. Everything I do today I question myself as to whether I can provide for my family. Now I stick to the blue trails and leave most of the black trails to the younger guys these days.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM

wvMOUNTAINMAN

The steeper the better!!When at was at browning fork we went to a shop in gilbert and the owner was tellin us that there was a guy from Florida and he made reservations for a week and he rode down the trail head to town and said that&#39;s it and packed out cause he couldn&#39;t ride in the mountains.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wvMOUNTAINMAN @ Feb 3 2009, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
The steeper the better!!When at was at browning fork we went to a shop in gilbert and the owner was tellin us that there was a guy from Florida and he made reservations for a week and he rode down the trail head to town and said that&#39;s it and packed out cause he couldn&#39;t ride in the mountains. [/b]

Yeah, well there are only a couple of trails between Man and Gilbert that I thought were dangerously steep. I was told that they have closed those trails down for safety reasons. One of those trails I can remember riding with the Rincon and the bike kept stalling out while going down cause the carbs were flooding. These days they are a little tamer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawie Central Forums > Where to Ride > East Clubhouse