Kawie Central  
Welcome to Kawie Central  

Go Back   Kawie Central Forums > Other Kawie Forums > All Other Kawasaki Vehicle Forums > KFX450/400 Forums > KFX400/450 Talk

KFX400/450 Talk Discuss KFX400's, KFX450's, and Tecates here.

» Site Navigation
 > Forum
 > FAQ
» ----------------------
» Other Sites
» ----------------------
» View us On
» Recent Threads
Title, Username, & Date
RuneScape:...
MickeyKlawiter51
MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape
MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape
MickeyKlawiter51
MickeyKlawiter51

Old 08-21-2009, 01:32 AM

AussieJamie

Hey there,
Just signed upto the site,looks like a cool site.
My dads 03 kfx400 just got the motor full rebuilt top to bottom and got a 434 kit put on it,It was going fine until a few weekends ago and it just start spluttering past 1/2 throttle going over bumps,wheelstanding,going up hills and sometimes on flat ground I've played around with the jetting both ways (leaner/richer) ,needle,new needle and seat I even had the bike mechanic that rebuilt the motor for us come out and adjust the float level and it still seems to be spluttering.
any suggestions what else it could be,My dad has spent close to $3000 on it over the past month and would just like to get on it and ride it with it having no problems

heres whats done to the bike if that helps
its a JE 434 piston and barrel,stock carb,dyno jet kit,DMC pipe,rev box,k&n filter with no airbox and got a PWR radiator for it last week

thanks
Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 AM

NMKAWIERIDER is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE (AussieJamie @ Aug 21 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
Hey there,
Just signed upto the site,looks like a cool site.
My dads 03 kfx400 just got the motor full rebuilt top to bottom and got a 434 kit put on it,It was going fine until a few weekends ago and it just start spluttering past 1/2 throttle going over bumps,wheelstanding,going up hills and sometimes on flat ground I've played around with the jetting both ways (leaner/richer) ,needle,new needle and seat I even had the bike mechanic that rebuilt the motor for us come out and adjust the float level and it still seems to be spluttering.
any suggestions what else it could be,My dad has spent close to $3000 on it over the past month and would just like to get on it and ride it with it having no problems

heres whats done to the bike if that helps
its a JE 434 piston and barrel,stock carb,dyno jet kit,DMC pipe,rev box,k&n filter with no airbox and got a PWR radiator for it last week

thanks[/b]
Hi AussieJamie. Welcome to the site. The kfx400 isn't my speciality, but in any case where an engine was running right then just suddenly changed, you want to look at what can alter the engine's behavior like: Water in the gas that got into the bowls, failing fuel pump, A bad batch of gas, crack(s) in the carb to head boots, valve lash adjustments and/or signs of sticking, on CV carbs, blown diaphrams, bad spark plugs or a failing coil, a CDI that is failing, bad electrical connections to coils or CDI. These are the things that can make changes on how it runs quickly. Of course there is always broken rings but that usualy includes extra noises and smoking. And burned valves but that means compression loss which is easly checked.

Good luck.

My Videos on YouTube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Kawie Central Forums > Other Kawie Forums > All Other Kawasaki Vehicle Forums > KFX450/400 Forums > KFX400/450 Talk