MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape
MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape
MickeyKlawiter51
RuneScape:...
MickeyKlawiter51

Kawie Central Forums

Kawie Central Forums (http://www.kawiecentral.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.kawiecentral.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Got into an accident today (http://www.kawiecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11311)

KTM265 06-05-2012 07:16 PM

Got into an accident today

Stopped on a 2 lane highway to wait for on-coming traffic and got hit from the rear by a 95 F250...I had the windows down and heard him lock up his tires, I hit the gas to minize the impact...curled the rear bumper, took out the rear lights, bent the trailer hitch and broke my seat back...Walked away with a sore body and a little headache from the impact...The other driver was a 18 year old kid, distracted...looked up and saw me sitting there too late to do anything but hit the brakes.

KTM265 06-05-2012 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Stopped on a 2 lane highway to wait for on-coming traffic and got hit from the rear by a 95 F250...I had the windows down and heard him lock up his tires, I hit the gas to minize the impact...curled the rear bumper, took out the rear lights, bent the trailer hitch and broke my seat back...Walked away with a sore body and a little headache from the impact...The other driver was a 18 year old kid, distracted...looked up and saw me sitting there too late to do anything but hit the brakes.

RPM 06-07-2012 05:23 PM

He wasn't Texting was he? :nono:

Glad no one was hurt.

NMKAWIERIDER 06-09-2012 10:42 PM

Glad you are OK...

KTM265 06-10-2012 09:36 PM

Actually I think he was, he had at least a mile of clear site before reaching me...how someone can not see a truck that big is beyond me...:nono2: I went out and got 3 estimates, $1,100 to $1,300 in damage. The kids dad didn't seem to have any problem with wanting to pay for the damage...It could have been a lot worse had it not been for a big ass trailer hitch on my truck matching up with the snow plow mount on the other truck...

I was a little sore for a couple of days, had a scheduled doctor's appointment and she checked my back and neck for me. Tomorrow I'm getting a massage...:peace: I'll be feeling good and hopefully getting a check for the damages... Want to get it all wrapped up before I head to AZ on Friday...Heading out to have a week of fun, little vacation time at my happy playgrounds.

NMKAWIERIDER 06-11-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTM265 (Post 87983)
...Heading out to have a week of fun, little vacation time at my happy playgrounds.

Nice...Have fun. Monday I and some friends are heading to our favorit playground...the mountains in northern NM at Sipapu for a week of riding,camping...and get'n stupid around the camp fire...if they will allow one. :)

KTM265 06-12-2012 11:46 PM

NM is some fun riding too...put a few miles on the bikes there. I got a kick out of Rozwell.

NMKAWIERIDER 06-13-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTM265 (Post 87986)
NM is some fun riding too...put a few miles on the bikes there. I got a kick out of Rozwell.

Oh...we need to get you to northern NM...into the cool mountains. :)

KTM265 06-13-2012 07:38 PM

Always looking for some fun new grounds...what do you ride there?

NMKAWIERIDER 06-13-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KTM265 (Post 87989)
Always looking for some fun new grounds...what do you ride there?

Mostly Sipapu, Jemez & Gallina. Click on the video links in my siganture and look for those names. I and headed to Sipapu for our annual week-long camping & riding trip next Monday. I'll have lots of new HD video footage to post whe I get back.